Fascial Stretch Therapy is a unique, complete, and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching, focusing on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance, and pain relief.
Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones, and joints. A joint capsule is also a connective tissue structure that surrounds joints and is involved in optimizing the mechanical function of the joint as well as gives it nutrients.
When the fascia and joint capsules are restricted it can cause:
- Decreased joint space which can lead to degenerative joint diseases and osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone which can lead to trigger points, strains, tendonitis and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone which can lead to headaches, trigger points, and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy levels, and much more
Benefits of Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Improved posture
- Reduced risk of injuries
- Releases endorphins which are natural pain suppressants
- Improved strength
- Decreased stress
- Improved athletic performance
- Decreased muscle soreness