During an aromatherapy massage with 100% natural and pure essential oils, molecules are inhaled and also absorbed through your largest organ: the skin! Essentials oil constituents are shown to promote beneficial changes in your mind and body by affecting the limbic system, a region of the brain known to influence the nervous system.
Each essential oil used in aromatherapy has different properties (constituents) and therefore different effects. For example, some calm and make you feel relaxed while others energize. Some support mind and mood, while others support our respiratory, immune, and digestive systems, just to name a few! Essential oils also provide phenomenal pain management support and are incredibly effective when incorporated into Massage Therapy.
Use of therapeutic essential oils in massage may be beneficial for the following conditions:
- Anxious feelings
- Feelings of self-doubt or sadness
- Help with memory and focus
- Occasional sleeplessness
- Menstrual pain
- Abnormal cell growth, weakening, feeling unwell, etc.
Cupping massage is essentially the inverse of the typical massage therapy. Instead of exerting pressure on the different points of the body for healing, massage cupping uses suction to tug the skin, tissues, and muscles upwards. Cupping massage has been known to be used over the centuries by all cultures and the oldest records of traditional Chinese medicine talk about using the therapy to cure a range of ailments. In contemporary times, cupping massage is seen as an effective, non-invasive, inexpensive, and safe form of treatment that can be used by itself or in combination with other forms of therapeutic approaches.
Benefits of cupping massage include:
- Promoting the flow of blood to the muscles and tissues, and removing stagnation
- Supplying oxygen and nutrients to the cells
- Softening the tightened muscles
- Loosening of adhesions and knots
- Lifting the connecting tissues
- Opening the blockages of the lymphatic nodes and easing the flow of lymph
- Releasing and draining of excess fluids and toxins like lactic acid from the tissues and cells
- Drawing inflammation from the deeper tissues to the surface of the skin so they can heal
- Stimulating and later, calming the peripheral nervous system
- Eliminating chronic congestion
Cupping massage can be used to treat ailments like stiff muscles, stress, migraines, fatigue and exhaustion, and back and neck pain. It can also be used in rheumatism, weight loss, and cellulite reduction treatments. Muscles that have been injured, undergone trauma or exertion, accumulate lactic acid and other toxins. Cupping massage can be used to drain these toxins so the muscles can heal.
Cupping massage can be used on upper arms and calves, thighs, abdomen, hips, sacral region, back, neck and shoulders. It also treats more sensitive areas, such as the spine and scapula, safely and effectively.